Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is it ok to wear strappy sandals with black trousers (i think "trousers" are called "slacks" in america?)?

As I usually live in jeans I am not familiar with new fashion "rules", but when I grew up (in the 80s!) the rule was "closed" shoes with long pants - I sometimes have to attend corporate functions with my hubby.. these events are not strictly formal, but fall in that difficult category between "evening wear" and "smart-casual".. bought some smart black pants, good cut, shows my figure perfectly, but can I wear it with sandals with slight heel in summer?

Is it ok to wear strappy sandals with black trousers (i think "trousers" are called "slacks" in america?)?
i think a pair of nice black sandals goes fine w/ a pair of black slacks (or trousers). it's a good look for summer/spring. however, make sure that the pants are long enough b/c it will look funny if they are too short. a cute pair of strappy black sandals with black pants and a nice shirt (maybe a trendy button down, or a cute tank top with a cardigan) would probably fit in between "evening wear" and "smart-casual".



books

No comments:

Post a Comment